New Film Class: Making A Film Proposal For Investors
Dear Film Students, I just completed a new class! It’s about how to craft a compelling and professional document to present your film project to investors.
This class comes with a Full 34-page Detailed Brochure — Before sending you the brochure, please review the class (it’s short, only 40 minutes) and review it to receive the Full Brochure on How To Make A Film Proposal. After you have reviewed the class, send me an email so I can send the brochure. Click here to view the class on Skillshare.
In this class I cover the six key steps to creating a compelling Film Proposal:
- Logline: A one-sentence summary of your film’s plot.
- Synopsis: A brief overview of your film’s story, characters, and themes.
- Treatment: A more detailed description of your film, including character development, plot points, and key scenes.
- Author statement: A statement about your vision for the film and your unique perspective as the filmmaker.
- Visual statement: A description of the look and feel of your film, including lighting, cinematography, and production design.
- Audience & Marketing: A description of your film’s target audience and marketing strategy.
In each lesson, you will be given a short task that will help you practice and apply the concepts you have learned. By completing these tasks and working through the example project, you will gain hands-on experience in creating a Film Proposal and be well-prepared to pitch your own film ideas to investors.
These six key steps are the fundamentals. After completing this class, you can also add more elements (character report, world view, backstory, etc.) to your Film Proposal depending on your style.
CLASS AWARD — FULL BROCHURE
When you complete this class write a review and send me an email with your name that matches the review and you’ll receive a full 34-page brochure on how to make a film proposal.